Stewarts of Balquhidder Forum IndexStewarts of Balquhidder
Genealogical Discussions for Clan Stewart of Balquhidder.
http://www.chuckspeed.com/balquhidder/balquhidder%20stewarts.html

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Stewart Mclaren marriage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stewarts of Balquhidder Forum Index -> Help Me Find My Stewarts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gillsz
Wee Newbie
Wee Newbie

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Stewart Mclaren marriage Reply with quote

Hello all, whilst recently tracing my Mclaren family ancestors, I have discovered a link to the Stewart family. My gggggrandfather was Alexander Mclaren , b1758 he married Janet Stewart b.1756. According to the 1820 church census for the parish of Moulin they lived at Croftariag of Edradour , Moulin Perthshire. They had a son called John b.1796 ( who m. Christina Robertson) and a daughter Catherine b.1800. Also a two yr old grandson Alexander lives with them . Is anyone else looking for this family or possibly have information regarding them?? Thanks.
Ryk
Site Admin
Site Admin

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillsz,

I'm not aware of any branch of the Stewarts of Balquhidder who resided anywhere near Moulin parish. Our Stewarts resided in southwest Perthshire. As such, I think it's highly unlikely that your Stewarts are connected to the Stewarts of Balquhidder. I regret that we probably will not be able to assist you with your inquiry.

Ryk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stewarts of Balquhidder Forum Index -> Help Me Find My Stewarts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: